Thursday, February 1, 2007

Uneventful Journalism

One of my favorite Internet stops every Friday is that of The Torch, Valparaiso University's student newspaper. It's a wonderful tool to stay in touch with my alma mater, and the entertainment value is off the charts when you mix in rookie writing. In this past week's issue, the Torch's Assistant Editor covered my least favorite Valpo entity - Student Senate. I had a great number of battles with this frustrating hodgepodge of individuals during my four years in Crusader land, and it brought me great joy when in a news article the author scribed this beauty:

Outside of the report by Benczik, the meeting was uneventful as the senate swore in new members and filled vacant seats on various committees.

5 comments:

Jan said...

Glad to see that you are writing again. I have always enjoyed your talent. Thanks for letting me know about your blog. I will be checking in.....No matter what you write about, I will learn more!

lonewolf said...

And once again, hello mother!

Unknown said...

Student Senate... no comment...

CHCgirl said...

I too laughed when I saw that report. Once in awhile, I check the Torch as well. Thanks for inviting me to stop by... one thing about grad students, we do love to procrastinate! I will definitely be checking in :-) And its amazing how little Senate has changed isn't?

JR said...

Instantly, Drew's fan base far exceeds that of The Trampoline Bear and T-G-10. Curse his charming intrigue.