Friday, June 1, 2007

Wells Fargo excelling at that personal touch

With Becky and I being two twenty-something young-ins just starting off in the world, financial institutions salivate over our delicious demographic. With low incomes and high desires, credit card companies and banks want to grab us early and for a long long time.

Wells Fargo happens to be one of the financial institutions we belong to, and they recently sent us a mailing the shows just how much they value us.

Dear Parent of Rebecca Bird,

Remember that first tooth, the first step, the first day of school, the first really bad haircut?

As a parent, you've been there through all the stages - the good, and the not-so-good.
Now, you can take your child to The Next Stage with a Wells Fargo Federal PLUS Loan for Parents!

I may not be with you next week if the authorities find out that I share a bed with an unmarried 2nd grader. So glad to know that an institution to which we belong believes my wife is 8 years old, in need of her parents for lunch money, teething, and probably bald.

Photo from City of Thornton

2 comments:

Jan said...

We got a letter for you this week wanting to know if you would like to take out a home equity loan on our condo. Interesting!

Unknown said...

I'm a little insulted by Wells Fargo insinuating that I ever had a bad haircut...

But I do like Drew's idea of giving me lunch money everyday :) Maybe after a few weeks saving up there'd be a new purse in my future...