Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Jericho fans sure are passionate

No, unfortunately, I refer not to WWE superstar Chris Jericho. Instead, I refer to the cancelled CBS television show and its rabid following.

The network apparently has been impressed by the display of viewer passion, which included the delivery of 50,000 pounds of peanuts to its New York offices. In the season finale, a character replies "Nuts!" to a demand that the beleaguered town of Jericho surrender.

Where does one find 25 tons of peanuts? I have to imagine shipping costs are astronomical for such a delivery. Not to mention the financial indentation into some one's pocket. I haven't seen the show, but that's an awful lot of time, money, and effort to save it.

Aw, who am I kidding? I would do the same thing if The Office were cancelled. It would probably take 50,000 Dwight bobble heads to save the show.

Photo from Answers.com

No comments: