Saturday, July 19, 2008

CHANGE! Obama is behind this post.



Admittedly, I don't get the bumper sticker thing. I just don't have anything that I feel so strongly about that a little two inch by six inch sticker on my crapmobile is the best way to communicate my love to the masses. I mean, I am the only individual in the world boasting a trendy 2004 Source 95.1 orange window cling, but I use that to find my car in a parking lot as much as I use it to advertise my beloved college radio station that no one in Minnesota is within 500 miles to hear.

That being said, can we please retire the 2004 political bumper stickers? None of the four men featured on these displays of election fanaticism are running for office this time around. Let's move on.

Get a nice new Obama "Change" sticker or a McCain "Experience" sticker, or whatever buzzword best sums up a lifetime of work and their future of rule. While I never ever would put a political bumper sticker on my own vehicle, can I least get the United States behind me so that I can at least view fresh new material? What happens when these folks so far behind the times still haven't changed over come November? Then they'll be two elections behind and nothing says uncool like that.

Do your part, change over your bumper sticker today.

2 comments:

CHCgirl said...

That's why bumper stickers are AWFUL... you can't change them. They are on or life unless you put another one on top. I don't know how that would look-I've definitely never put on on my fabulous Cubmobile, but make up for that with plentiful window clings (and chicago city stickers...)

Stem said...

I hate to point this out to you, but I also have an orange Source 95 window-cling. So you're not the only one. Sorry.